PDA

View Full Version : Parking Charges Lose Council £200,000

Lex
10-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Another short sighted idea gone wrong: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/it-s-a-case-of-i-told-you-so-as-rise-in-car-parking-charges-leads-to-pound-200-000-shortfall/story-29877168-detail/story.html

rebbonk
10-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Can't cure stupid!

Didn't they do an analysis beforehand?

Another brain dead council, totally out of touch with reality.

Lex
10-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Some muppet probably just threw a few random numbers together & it got waved through.

cathidaw
10-11-2016, 11:12 PM
This has always been the problem with this council,not realizing as they sit in their cosy offices that fewer people were using the car parks even before they raised the cost, and put in-- at great expense, the new system.
People will protest with their feet( or wheels)
In Bedworth-has anyone been to the market lately?
On Saturdays there may be at most half dozen stalls and most of them are occupied by car boot traders.Costs of rents are so high no-one comes any more,This was a thriving market for a century or so, - there were always traders queuing for the casual stalls - but the council has trashed it.
I believe the fees for car parks anyway is not justified by what we have in Bedworth - except their Supermarkets which have free parking.

-It would not surprise me at all if the council applies to become a small town of culture.

rebbonk
11-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Some muppet probably just threw a few random numbers together & it got waved through.

That is probably quite likely, as few will actually question figures. I remember our MD proudly spouting that sales in Italy were up 100% year on year and getting rapturous applause. He'd been given the figure (which was true) by the sales director. Unfortunately, the numbers behind the figure told a slightly less good story. Last year we sold one unit, this year we'd sold two! The MD wasn't best pleased when it was pointed out.