PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Housing for Stratford

Lex
20-06-2016, 08:14 PM
I'll believe it when it happens: http://www.stratford-herald.com/54193-bid-to-boost-affordable-housing-in-the-stratford-district.html

rebbonk
21-06-2016, 08:42 AM
I wonder what 'affordable' really means in terms of money.

Lex
21-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Knowing Stratford, someone on £30,000 p/a will just be able to afford one. Maybe.

cathidaw
25-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Yes I'm back again like a bad penny, after a few health hiccups, now resolved I hope.It didn't affect the brain- I still talk a lot of rubbish - but I just could not be bothered.
The 'Affordable' homes situation;

They have no idea what affordable means.Like the government, councillors do not understand how we proles live.I think they did at one time ,but their elevated status as councillors and MPs have blurred their brains.
I'm still trying to find out what the levy is which builders have to pay when plans are submitted to councils.I have heard it is based on floor space-in square metres.
Projects by have been cancelled in some parts of the country because of the added expense to builders, which makes a mockery of those councils spouting off about 'affordable' homes..
I may be wrong, perhaps we don't have a levy here -it's up to individual councils to decide--but I'd like to know.

Lex
27-06-2016, 06:28 PM
I'm looking in from the fringes at one potential development in Stratford. Negotiations between the land owner and the developer have been dragging on for so long, it's starting to cost the developer more money than they'll make on the development (advances on money promised for community facilities etc.), and it's starting to look like they'll drop the whole thing.