PDA

View Full Version : Beer Festival to Celebrate 10 Years at Pub

Lex
02-06-2016, 09:43 PM
That's a damn good run nowadays: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Beer-cider-festival-celebrate-anniversary/story-29348140-detail/story.html

rebbonk
03-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Yes, not many manage to last that long with the greedy pubco's antics.

I think if you are fortunate enough to be able to buy outright and free of any ties you might have a chance. Sadly, true free-houses rarely become available at affordable prices.

I was talking to our new landlady the other night and she was telling me that Tesco are selling beer/spirits at far lower prices than she can buy them from the pubco. She doesn't really have much of a chance does she?

She was also amazed at my 'back of a fag packet' financial analysis of her situation and admitted that she was falling far short of what she needs to break even. (My figures were within a whisker of the truth!) My guess is that she'll be lucky to see Christmas in the place, which is a real shame as she's a nice lady and is really making an effort with the place.

Lex
04-06-2016, 02:39 PM
Yes, it's tough in the pub trade nowadays. There's 1 pub in Stratford (The Oddfellows Arms) that must have gone through 4 landlords in the last 5 or so years, and now whichever pubco owns it has just decided to give up & sell the place.