PDA

View Full Version : Shops Closing in Stratford

Lex
02-06-2016, 09:26 PM
Smaller shops come and go quite a lot in Stratford, but we've lost a lot of big names in the town over the last few weeks: http://www.stratford-herald.com/53276-breaking-news-bhs-to-close.html

rebbonk
03-06-2016, 08:22 AM
BHS going to the wall like that is wrong. Whilst the previous occurrences might not have been illegal, I believe they were immoral. It is wrong that Green and the more recent owner drew as much money out of the company as they did and then left the tax payers to pick up the pensions bill.

Again we are seeing a privatise the profits, nationalise the debts type mentality. Well, I for one am getting pretty pi$$ed off at picking up the tab whilst some fat ar$ed,greedy muppet sails off into the sunset on his expensive, fully crewed yacht, swigging champagne. - It ain't right!

Lex
17-07-2016, 06:25 PM
A jewellery shop chain seems to be taking over the Austin Reed shop; I wonder who'll move into the shop vacated by BHS: http://www.stratford-herald.com/55743-bhs-to-closure-stratford-store-next-weekend.html

Lex
29-06-2017, 07:28 PM
After moving out of Stratford a few months ago, and having reason to return occasionally, I've started noticing how run down the place is looking. There's more empty shops, tatty pavements with mismatched & cracked slabs, scruffy buildings and roads full of potholes & cracks.

Has anyone else noticed?

Finebyme
01-07-2017, 06:07 AM
When I lived in Bromley, Kent in the early 90's, it had a decent shopping centre, very pleasant to walk around the lovely Glades Shopping centre. Just before we left that area Bromely was going down a bit, we lost two major department stores, Alders and House of Fraser, then sadly the Hospital I worked at was closed down they built houses on that land. Other shops started closing. I used to love Bromley area but not now. The hospital was rebuilt outside of Bromley in Farnborough, where we had to travel further to work.
Unfortunately, crime has risen in Bromley. Glad I moved away.