PDA

View Full Version : 5,000 Jobs for Bedworth & Nuneaton?

Lex
21-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Sounds a bit 'pie in the sky' to me: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/five-thousand-new-jobs-set-11071952

rebbonk
21-03-2016, 08:31 PM
5,000 is a lot of jobs. - I don't believe it.

But what people tend to forget when 'new job' figures are bandied about is that these are jobs that already exist in other areas. So all we are doing, is shifting the employment around a bit and they're not truly new jobs.

cathidaw
21-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I read the report carefully. It didn't say anything! It will be on newly developed land. Where,it didn't say,I don't think they know yet, but it is pie in the sky as you say.
For years Bed and Nun councils have been fighting for land,even for housing and there has been so much opposition it takes years.
I think this is all 'romancing' as my Mum would have said .Just a dream, but they have to say something don't they, to let us know they are still alive in their offices, and to make it worth their while. I've been to some of the open meetings in the North Warwickshire area and have come to the conclusion that it's mainly waffle going around in circles and then adjourning until next time.
Then off we go again.
I may sound sceptical about this council-and I am , but they have done a lot of good in the past, modernising the town centre by razing the other absolute horror which was there before but now they've done it it seems they don't know what to do with it. Nice shops which close down often and a market which is a joke.