PDA

View Full Version : Royal Mail Sorting Office Demolition

Lex
18-01-2016, 07:19 PM
This is the sort of thing that should be happening to sort the housing problem: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-35337751

rebbonk
18-01-2016, 10:40 PM
To be honest, I'd have thought that the building could've been reworked inside to convert it to apartments.

cathidaw
19-01-2016, 12:19 PM
It would have been the best thing to do,especially where it is,right near the town.No car needed but I'm afraid once again, big money has blinded our council. From what I hear,the money from the council levy on the construction company per square metre has won them over. They must make millions which they are allowed do do whatever they like with.It's time the money went into housing instead of flashy schemes.
When do the council ever put people first.
I'd like to know how much the levy is in Coventry.

cathidaw
23-01-2016, 07:17 PM
I see the council have decided not to excavate the Bishopgate site, the excuse being that everything was destroyed when the Mail building was built. I wonder who's decision it was. It is of major importance to the Coventry history book, But money is talking again as this will be for student accommodation, so 'let's get it built and quick'.
It is a crying shame that this very substantial building has had to be demolished.The money it has cost would have been better spent changing it into apartments, whether for students or local people given the shortage of rentable homes.