PDA

View Full Version : Sports Hub for Bedworth

Lex
04-01-2016, 06:59 PM
Sounds a good scheme: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Super-sporting-hub-plan-town-s-park/story-28446379-detail/story.html

rebbonk
04-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Brilliant idea, but I have two questions...

1) will it be used?

2) can (should) the borough afford it when they are cutting back on other things?

I like The Miner's park, but seriously question the wisdom of this.

cathidaw
06-01-2016, 12:44 AM
Good idea, but what about those who don't 'do' sport..Where would anyone go for a night out in Bedworth..besides to a pub. People complain about people aimlessly wandering the streets at nights causing trouble. If , as it seems, the council have money to spare perhaps they should look to the Civic Hall,The admirable well used cafe in the Civic Hall closed, supposedly for money reasons some years ago and has been empty since then. It would make an ideal meeting place , drop in centre, coffee bar for anyone,especially after a show. Providing of course they opened reasonably, (e.g. not only in school hours.) The Civic Hall is a well polished underused jewel in Bedworth, and has never been used for the purpose it was built...for the people of Bedworth..It cannot possibly pay its way, and neither can the bar masquerading as a Bistro and nearly always closed..
Also, what better place could it be in...opposite the police station. Or has that few million pound building closed too since I last went.
We need people to come here.It would cost a little and reap a lot.
I too like the Park and would hate to see it messed up by over developement.

Lex
06-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Stratford's Civic Hall (Now 'Stratford Arts House') is a great asset to the town, and hosts events aimed at locals, not just tourists. It'd be a shame if Bedworth's Civic Hall is left to go to waste.

rebbonk
06-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Sadly the Civic Hall has been under-utilised for years. It's a real shame as it's a decent venue.

cathidaw
10-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Stratford's Civic Hall (Now 'Stratford Arts House') is a great asset to the town, and hosts events aimed at locals, not just tourists. It'd be a shame if Bedworth's Civic Hall is left to go to waste.

Stratford Arts House is a wonderful idea.I have been twice and the prices are reasonable. Almost as if they want the place used!!

Lex
10-01-2016, 01:33 PM
Yes, it's one of the (very) few venues in the area that hasn't been turned into an ugly and/or tacky tourist attraction. I've been there a couple of times since its redevelopment, and they've been really high quality events, and has been packed out with locals.