PDA

View Full Version : Nuneaton Academy to Close

Lex
04-12-2015, 05:10 PM
I had a feeling that this might start happening, but I would have thought that Midland Academies Trust would have done their own research instead of depending solely on DfE numbers: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/local-news/shortage-pupils-closes-midland-studio-10545169

cathidaw
05-12-2015, 12:45 AM
I did wonder when the acadamy initiatives started whether they would work.
I have heard a few times that they are too 'choosy' when interviewing potential students.
The M.E.T. you are right Lex, should have also researched the reasons for lack of students before now .
Wonder how much the total cost was.

Lex
05-12-2015, 10:26 PM
I'm sure a stupid amount of money will have been wasted on this, as often happens when bad planning is involved.

rebbonk
05-12-2015, 10:49 PM
I think many of these acadamies are little more than pipe dreams and vanity projects. As I see things, the only advantage was to cut the local authority out of the loop. Strangely enough, the local authorities usually know what is required locally by way of education.

I see the battle to pass the buck on blame has started. I wonder why the local industries didn't support these ventures more? Yet another flawed, ill thought through scheme that was designed to cut corners and save money. :(

I'd much rather see a solid secondary education and then transfer into what is suitable further education at age 16+. It served this country well for years.

Unfortunately, education is a bit of a political football, and all sorts of crazy ideas are employed to massage the real unemployed youth figures.