PDA

View Full Version : MP Gets Advisor Role

Lex
06-11-2015, 06:00 PM
I won't hold my breath waiting for apprenticeships to improve: http://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/stratford-mp-gets-new-role-working-with-prime-minister-9419/

rebbonk
06-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Good God! What does that muppet know about apprenticeships?

I was fortunate to be an apprentice with a reputable company. Sadly, many apprentices are simply used as cheap labour and dispensed with once their term is up.

Lex
06-11-2015, 09:22 PM
I've come across several people who were taken on as apprentices, but were basically used as tea grunts & broom pushers.
From what I've been hearing, Zahawi's only interested in his career. He seems to only turn up in Stratford for a photo-op for the local rags, and only started talking about local issues when he wanted to be re-elected.

rebbonk
07-11-2015, 09:34 AM
I've come across several people who were taken on as apprentices, but were basically used as tea grunts & broom pushers.
That is incredibly common. when I worked at a well known research unit, we deliberately employed 'work experience' kids to do the dirty jobs. It really wasn't on.

From what I've been hearing, Zahawi's only interested in his career. He seems to only turn up in Stratford for a photo-op for the local rags, and only started talking about local issues when he wanted to be re-elected.
Just like the rest of our MPs then. A pox on them all!