PDA

View Full Version : Sutton Coldfield Burial records held at warwichshire archives

c.kember
02-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone, I was wondering if somebody could help me.

I recently had a very frustrating experience after travelling from west wales to Birmingham archives in search of the Sutton Coldfield burial register (as I was advised that it was stored there).

Unfortunately after an exhaustive search I was informed that the records from that period are kept at Warwickshire County Record Office. (they seem to be split between Birmingham and Warwickshire depending on date)

I am only looking for one burial and that was of a relative

John Bailey Harrison who died in sutton coldfield on 2nd March 1906 and is buried somewhere in Sutton Coldfield. I believe that he is buried with his wife Sarah Matilda Harrison who died 20th October 1904.

I was wondering if somebody would mind doing me a favour and searching for this entry as I would greatly appreciate your support as i've been trying to resolve this mystery for several years.

Many thanks in advance

With kind regards and best wishes

Chris

rebbonk
03-08-2015, 07:33 AM
I'm not in Warwick myself, but have used the county records office in the past. Like you, I only required one record but it was missing!

Hopefully, someone local to Warwick will be able to assist.

rebbonk
03-08-2015, 12:44 PM
Chris,

I believe that these people were buried at Aston, not Sutton. (I had a quick look at findmypast.co.uk)

c.kember
10-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Many thanks for your messages. Unfortunately the records on findmypast.co.uk only show their deaths (volume references etc) There are no burial records sadly.