PDA

View Full Version : Health & Social Care to Work Closer Together

Lex
21-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Basically a money saving exercise, but might work for the benefit of the county: http://news.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/2015/04/21/health-and-social-care-services-are-better-together/

rebbonk
22-04-2015, 10:29 AM
Call me cynical... but events driven by money saving rarely turn out in our best interest.

cathidaw
23-04-2015, 12:20 PM
I can't think how this will work.It should do given that we are in a digital world but people mismanage.I worked for social services in the days of pen and paper--remember? - and have friends who work in it nowadays.Even social workers dont know what's happening within their own group-Nothing appears to be connected and nothing changes......when 4 pm comes on a Friday-everything has to wait 'til Monday.Money won't help.Training in integration is needed and a real organiser..

rebbonk
23-04-2015, 05:43 PM
The problem is with these schemes is that different groups of people have things to lose, so they find ways of sabotaging the changes. And that's without trying to integrate disparate systems/processes and cultures.

It always makes me laugh when I hear consultants talk about synergies and that the sum of the parts being more than the total of the individual units. - Been there, done that, and got the T-shirt!

Something like 90% of change fails or fails to live up to the claimed expectations.