PDA

View Full Version : Tinnitus

rebbonk
25-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Anyone else suffer from this horrible affliction?

My right ear is far worse than my left, but even simple everyday tasks such as using the phone are nigh-on impossible. It really does sound like a Jumbo jet is spooling up.

If I can get involved in things the noise seems to abate, but as soon as I relax the ringing comes back with a vengeance.

Sadly, when I was younger I didn't look after my hearing the way I ought have. Now I'm paying the price.

Margaret
25-12-2014, 02:51 PM
That sounds dreadful Rebbonk. I get slight ringing in my right ear, but the practice nurse said I've got stubborn wax build up, I really hope that is all it is, I am doing the warm olive oil thing to loosen it, then I shall make an appointment to get my ears syringed. I hope that cures it, as I know yours must be 10 as bad Rebbonk. Sometimes it is noisier than others.
When I'm busy about the house chores, I forget about it, but as you say trying to sleep or just resting it is more noticable.

rebbonk
25-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I've had my ears syringed several times over the years, but it's not made an iota of difference to the noises.

I find that 'white' noise helps mask the problem when I'm sat at my computer, but it's not a practical solution if I want to go out.

cathidaw
30-12-2014, 02:31 PM
My mother in law had tinnitis for her last 10 years.To get to sleep she had the radio on, which drove her husband mad , but he got used to it..s long as he liked the music.
I cannot believe that there is not a cure for this.