PDA

View Full Version : Shock Horror!

Lex
29-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Someone's actually been prosecuted for fly tipping: http://www.northwarks.gov.uk/news/article/2265/flytipping_prosecutions_in_court

rebbonk
29-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Interesting.

I see it's not necessarily the flytippers themselves though. Far too many people don't realise that if they employ a contractor to remove their rubbish and that contractor dumps the rubbish they can be held liable; as these cases indicate.

However, good result.

cathidaw
01-12-2014, 04:08 PM
I notice on Lex's newspaper report Nuneaton B.C. have a phone number to ring if anyone sees someone tipping. I'd say don't bother if it's weekend. I was in Woodlands Lane last summer and saw a large lorry 'unloading' by a farm gate.I move on and phoned the council, only to be told, 'We may come in time but don't hold your breath-its Sunday'.I forgot to take the lorry's number and, as there were 3 men unloading I went home another way.

Lex
01-12-2014, 06:38 PM
I actually saw a couple of mothers - WITH THEIR KIDS - pull up near my house a few years ago, and started dumping a load of old clothes into a nearby hedge.
I immediately rushed out the house and asked them if they were planning to leave their rubbish there; they adopted a sheepish expression & asked if I had any bin bags. I said no, and stood by their vehicle until all said rubbish was put back into the 4x4 by 1 mum, while the other phoned her fella to basically say they'd been busted.
The next day, I drove along the road in the direction they had left, and didn't see said rubbish dumped in any other hedges, so they must have disposed of it properly.