PDA

View Full Version : Ukip

Margaret
17-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Made me smile.

I just heard from a friend that UKIP have been canvassing by phone, when they received a call their 12 year old daughter answered the phone and said, we don't support your politics and never will, so don't phone back!

Smart 12 year old. :p

Lex
17-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Nice one!

rebbonk
17-11-2014, 09:07 PM
I have real concern about UKIP.

Adolf Hitler came to power under very similar circumstances. - Disillusioned people kicking out against perceived problems, but not necessarily the root cause.

Hitler was charismatic, as is Farage. The German economy was in turmoil, as is ours now. I think the phrase "be careful what you wish for" has never been more apt.

Margaret
18-11-2014, 05:54 AM
All is not what it appears to be with UKIP. Its leader I wouldn't trust further than I could see him. My own view is that he is a plant and the function of UKIP is to recruit what might be called 'right wingers' and those desaffected with the system, so that they could be monitored more easily by the security services.
It is an ald ploy.
Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
The truth is, we do not have any politician that speaks for the country.

rebbonk
18-11-2014, 08:37 AM
The truth is, we do not have any politician that speaks for the country.

I'd go further than that. I believe many politicians since the war ought be tried for treason because they have actively betrayed the country. But I think Teflon Tone repealed the treason laws didn't he?