PDA

View Full Version : Coventry's Creative Quarter

Lex
27-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Interesting: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-29382231

rebbonk
28-09-2014, 12:10 AM
They can call it what they like, but the place has been (and still is) a sh*t hole for the last 35 years. The place wants bulldozing!

cathidaw
28-09-2014, 08:01 PM
NOW -NOW REBBONK, give it a chance.If the place was bulldozed we'd have a giant car park or university buildings Gosford street is handy whereas the LAUGHABLE canal basin craft shops area is too far out of town.If the city council had a brain between the lot of them they'd have had a shuttle service up to the basin and give traders a chance. What a waste of money that was. And what good surroundings too.
Always the same --no-one on the council thought about the future-just spent the grants and patted themselves on their backs- 'aren't we generous'.
I hope this venture in Gosford street goes well.

We had the same here in Bedworth with the Bede arcade, what an opportunity for individual shops and boutiques-instead they out priced them all with high rents and most closed down.
It is now the Salvation Army church.Which is a good thing -but where are the shops-plenty of charity shops but no-where to buy anything except food and cakes.Want a pair of shoes-or a coat--no chance.
A couple of years ago some bright spark suggested a motor-rail from Coventry to Nuneaton-stopping at Bedworth on the way.What a big joke--there is nothing to stop for.Even the market is a yawn.

rebbonk
28-09-2014, 10:10 PM
That made me smile Cathidaw. - Thanks, I needed it

I doubt that Coventry Council have more than one working brain cell amongst the lot of them!