PDA

View Full Version : Salmond quits

rebbonk
19-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/uk-scotland-independence-salmond-resigna-idUKKBN0HE1RW20140919)

Why? The man has played a blinder. The Scots are now better off than ever with what Camoron et al promised if they voted 'NO'.

Salmond ought be congratulated, not allowed to walk away.

Margaret
19-09-2014, 07:08 PM
I'd like to know how much Camoron gave to Scotland, or will be giving to them.
There are lots of towns in the north of England that could do with a financial stimulus.

rebbonk
19-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Certainly true Margaret, but Salmond actually got the money and other concessions. I now believe that per capita the Scots have the most spent on them than anywhere else in the UK. Whilst I'll happily admit I can't stand him, win or lose, he did right by his countrymen.

Lex
20-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I was starting to think Alex Salmond was playing a clever game as well - if he didn't independence, he'd get his mitts on a lot more power. Wish I'd put money on the 'Yes' people losing, and Alex quitting within 24 hours......

rebbonk
20-09-2014, 05:54 PM
He ran rings round the Eton educated fool that we have as PM. Shame he's not our PM really, he'd certainly scare the EU bureaucrats.

Lex
20-09-2014, 08:44 PM
He ran rings round the Eton educated fool that we have as PM. Shame he's not our PM really, he'd certainly scare the EU bureaucrats.

I'm glad he has gone (although he's disappeared & reappeared before); most of his policies seemed even more badly thought out than the PM's.