PDA

View Full Version : Irresponsible dog owners!

rebbonk
04-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Rant mode on!

I've just returned from the hospital with the good lady.

This afternoon, an unleashed dog tripped her up resulting in her having a dislocated elbow. This will entail a further visit tomorrow, plus no doubt subsequent visits, not to mention the pain she's in, plus the unwarranted cost to the NHS. All because some a***h*** couldn't keep his little rat on a lead.

If I can keep my dog on a lead why can't other people?

Rant mode off!

Margaret
05-09-2014, 06:00 AM
Very sorry to hear of your wife's accident rebbonk, I hope her elbow will heal up soon.
I just can't believe the number of irresponsible dog owners out there, I hope he apologized for his stupidity.
Trouble is, if you tell these idiots to keep their dog under control, these idiots usually end up giving you a mouthful of abuse back!

rebbonk
05-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks Margaret.

He was apologetic, but having the thing off it's lead in the first place where he couldn't see it was bl**dy stupid. She could have ended up in the canal: as it was, she managed to walk home with it dislocated: the ambulance crew were great, as were A&E.

Today was not as efficient, but overall I think things are OK. We have another appointment in 10 days to review. Apparently things will be OK and the cast can come off, or there might be an operation. Biggest problem is the location of the hospital, how I wish Cov' and Warwick was still open. - Just over an hour each way on the bus, going there full of school kids! And no matter how they tried not to, a few did jostle her accidentally.

Having seen the X-rays myself, I think she's quite lucky, and I'm hopeful that an operation won't be necessary.

Margaret
05-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Let's hope an operation will be avoided rebbonk.
That's a helluva journey on the bus!

I see you'll be on cooking duties and chores for the next two weeks.

rebbonk
05-09-2014, 03:32 PM
I see you'll be on cooking duties and chores for the next two weeks.

Yeah, situation normal!

Gladys
05-09-2014, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear of Mrs Rebbonk's predicament too. Hopefully, she'll get better with out having an operation.

rebbonk
05-09-2014, 05:30 PM
We live in hope Gladys. - Thanks

Lex
05-09-2014, 08:27 PM
We live in hope Gladys. - Thanks

I too hope Mrs R pulls through without too many problems.

rebbonk
05-09-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks Lex. :)

Whilst I must give her the benefit of the doubt (I did see the X-rays and it wasn't a pretty sight) I think she's on the mend. I've just had a right rollicking about the washing that needs doing overnight!

rebbonk
15-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Well, the cast is off and the arm is now beginning to move again. :)

Looks like a bit of gentle exercise and it'll be almost as good as new.

In total fairness, our overall experience of the NHS hasn't been too bad at all. - We were in before 8.30 for X-rays this morning, and had seen the doctor and had the cast removed before 09.05.

Margaret
15-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Let's hope all's well, ends well for Mrs. R. it must be a great relief to get that cast off.

cathidaw
18-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Sorry about your wife rebbonk.
About 2 years ago I had a problem with 'leashed' dogs.Had an elderly man who lives across our wide road ,allowing his dog to foul outside my gate, and another also elderly, parking and letting a big collie free in my front garden and then calling it and driving off .....About 10 at night
One night I quickly shut the gates while it was there, -the owner sat in the car--When it didn't come at his whistle he got out. I was polite and he was very rude, asking who did I think I was. I said I am the lady who has just called the police so if he'd like to swear at them just hang around or go and let you dog mess in your own garden if you don't mind.He took the dog and I haven't seen him since. I was calm, but when he'd gone I was a bit shaken.
The other man across the road. I met him one day in our new Sainsbury's store and asked him if he'd like to borrow a shovel, and he said he didn't know what I was talking about.I explained and haven't seen him this side of the road since.