PDA

View Full Version : Has the Human Race Learned Any Lessons After TWO World Wars?

Lex
18-07-2014, 09:55 PM
Frankly, no. The predecessor of the EU, the European Steel & Coal Community, was formed to control these 2 (then) vital resources for waging war on a communal basis, so no one nation can try to dominate all the others through violent means.
Sadly, the EU has become too federalist and bureaucratic, causing a backlash against it from both the Left & Right of the political spectrum.

rebbonk
19-07-2014, 11:21 AM
The only good thing to ever come out of Europe is the transport back to the UK.

Flood the tunnel!

Lex
20-07-2014, 11:53 AM
The EU has lost its way, and has failed to prevent conflict in Europe (and is actually a cause of it it in Ukraine).

rebbonk
20-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I really see trouble ahead as the EU gradually implodes

Lex
21-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Same here. I used to be a staunch pro-European in my younger days, but as I've got older and seen more of what's what, the EU just looks like a failed cause.

rebbonk
21-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Trouble is Lex, the unelected imbeciles have no idea what they're messing with. Did they really expect that Russia would sit back and do nothing as they effectively tried to annexe the Ukraine?

Lex
22-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Russia's been throwing its weight about & reasserting its influence on the old Soviet satellite states for several years. However, the populations of said states know what Russia's like, hence running into the open arms of NATO and the EU.