PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning TV

Gladys
06-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I have always watched BBC Breakfast TV having felt the option on ITV was far more about celebrity stuff than local/national or world news. However, Susanna Reid used to infuriate me and Mr Gladys . There was something about her demeanor that was smug or came across as such. She seemed more interested in promoting her self than working with her co-presenters. I may be wrong but the ITV ratings may be reflecting just that. I haven't seen the new morning show on ITV. What do others think? I am sure in real life she's a wonderful person but ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2621416/Ratings-disaster-Susanna-Reid-Good-Morning-Britain-just-340-000-viewers-tune-compared-1m-BBCs-rival-breakfast-show.html

Lex
06-05-2014, 08:58 PM
I used to watch BBC Breakfast a lot up until about 4-5 years ago, at which point it seemed to want to ape ITV and become more of a chat show than a news programme, so now I just keep half an eye on BBC for he local news & weather while I'm flicking through the paper.
Most of the time nowadays, I just listen to Radio 4 for 30 minutes or so before I fall out of bed, and also while I'm brushing my teeth & getting ready for work (although R4 irritates me sometimes as John Humphries often seems to have his own angle when interviewing someone).

Gladys
07-05-2014, 12:56 AM
It must be about 3-4 years ago the BBC told their staff they'd have to relocate to Manchester but it wasn't made public until about 3 years ago. It was then Sean Williams left with a few others but Bill etc went with the move. So what you say about changes 3-4 years ago fits.We were at a venue about 3-4 years back and some BBC ops peeps were there at a meeting. (All Ladies ) we told them the new look BBC Breakfast was not representative of the UK.I am not saying our comments had any impact but when they'd started from Manchester it was all Arts Crafts and Music. Some of that is in there and that is what they finish the morning broadcast with but it is now balanced better with News.