PDA

View Full Version : New Management for Leisure Centres

Lex
01-05-2014, 08:40 PM
SLM run Stratford leisure centre. Ok, so Stratford leisure centre is getting on a bit, but that's not an excuse for filthy toilets and changing rooms, and I was ill for a week the last time I used the swimming pool. Basically, prepare for a big stink (literally) when SLM take over: http://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Dawn-new-era-leisure-centres/story-21043554-detail/story.html

rebbonk
01-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Outsourcing is usually a mistake, but a mistake forced upon an organisation by the bean counters. - They know the cost of everything, but the value of nothing!

Lex
02-05-2014, 07:47 AM
I've seen outsourcing go wrong many times, usually because the outsourcing company doesn't actually give a damn about the thing their running and are only worried about getting the money in.

rebbonk
02-05-2014, 09:28 AM
That's the bit that the bean counters usually don't get Lex! Like many things, it works on paper.

MBA business schools have a lot to answer for!

Tiff
02-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself, sir!

Tiff
02-05-2014, 09:43 AM
That's a disgrace, Lex! You should have taken some samples but it would've been too late then. The time to really worry is if the smell of chlorine is overpowering as it indicates strong urine /bacteria levels.

Lex
02-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I wasn't overly impressed! I went back to the leisure centre to find out about gym membership a couple of years ago, as I had heard the gym wasn't too bad; putting a diplomatic slant on it, the people on reception didn't look like they were really into exercise - not a good advert! I just got the information I asked for and didn't bother going back.