PDA

View Full Version : Happy St George's day

Gladys
23-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Happy St George's Day to all. It comes to something when a British Pub chain chooses not to display the flag of St George as this one has done. A Shameful decision and it is high time we stopped all of this ' correctness '. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2611385/Wetherspoon-pub-decorated-Union-Jacks-flag-St-George-offend-people.html

rebbonk
23-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Our local did absolutely nothing in recognition of the day. Frankly, I find it all absolutely disgusting, it is becoming apparent that to call yourself English is seen as racist, yet it is OK to call yourself Scots, Welsh or Irish and any other number of nationalities.

Well, b*ll*cks, I'm English and I'll never call myself anything else!

Gladys
25-04-2014, 05:35 PM
Well, if this happened to this man, I am appalled. What has happened to our country? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613147/Forklift-driver-SACKED-wearing-England-flag-hat-St-Georges-Day-wasnt-work-uniform.html

rebbonk
25-04-2014, 09:56 PM
I hope that that particular company's trade is now boycotted and they go bust. Their attitude is a bl**dy disgrace.

Gladys
26-04-2014, 01:12 PM
It would be good to know if they came to their senses having been nationally shamed. Otherwise, I hope the man used the proceeds of the fee he got for his story to get legal advice against them.

rebbonk
26-04-2014, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately Gladys, the worst thing you can be in this country at the moment is a home-grown, white, heterosexual, Christian, male. Every one else (and their dog) has more rights than you.

That is not racist, etc. etc. it is simply fact.

A friend of mine (OK I move in some dodgy circles) was drunk. He was picked up by a taxi driver who proceeded to try to rip him off. My friend refused to pay, the taxi driver took him to the police station and made a totally false complaint.

My friend made a remark about the taxi driver's colour and was promptly arrested. Note, arrested for his comment, nothing else. After a little while, he was interviewed and explained the situation, pointing out that the taxi driver was lying. Subsequent enquiries proved this to be true.

My friend faced no charges but it took a lot of effort for the police to drop the arrest over his remark. The taxi driver (as you would expect) faced no charges for attempting to pervert the course of justice, lying to the police, or even wasting police time.

As I say, we are bottom of the pile, and it grates at times.