PDA

View Full Version : In the dog house (again!)

rebbonk
28-01-2014, 02:05 PM
Mrs Rebbonk is vacc'ing up and the machine stops unexpectedly. She calls me to look at it.

I unplug it, take it upstairs have a quick poke around at it, plug it in and it works. Oh joy, possibly an intermittent fault!

I give it back to Mrs Rebbonk who grumbles at me the goes off to finish what she's doing. Just as she's about finished, it plays up again. "Leave it out and I'll fix it tomorrow" says I.

And so as promised, I get around to giving it a good once over. It rapidly transpires that the fault is a broken wire in the moulded on plug. So, I remove the plug and fit another, do a check, all systems go!

"Why have you put a white plug on, the last one was black?" was the first grumble.

I explained that I only had a white plug and that it needed changing because of the broken cable. At this point, she exploded and declared, "Oh, I suppose it's all my fault then!"

As I rarely use that particular device, I guess the expression on my face must have said something before she stormed off!

Now, I do have a very good guess as to why the wire broke, and yes, it was very likely her fault. I somehow don't think I'll be telling her today!

Shizara
30-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Giggles... I have a very clear mental image of that scenario