PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear, how sad, never mind!

rebbonk
24-12-2013, 11:25 AM
No Christmas pressies for prisoners (http://news.sky.com/story/1186467/prisoners-wont-receive-parcels-this-christmas)

Juliet Lyon, director of the Prison Reform Trust, said: "These new mean and petty prison rules just add stress and strain while doing nothing to promote rehabilitation and personal responsibility."

If getting sent down doesn't put you on Santa's naughty list then nothing will.

By 'Mean and petty rules' she means punishment for doing wrong doesn't she?

Margaret
24-12-2013, 03:00 PM
I don't suppose their crimes are any worse than the bigger criminals who are running this country, and they get to enjoy Christmas with their families.

rebbonk
24-12-2013, 04:47 PM
You know Margaret, as I get older I see far more.

Corruption, lies and deceit (and worse) are endemic in our society; the further up the 'hierarchy' you go, the worse it gets. Sadly though, as you indicate, it is only the ones at the bottom of the pile that face the courts for wrongdoing.

I guess it's easy to pick on the 'little' people?

The 'democracy' we live in is little more than a tissue of lies.

Margaret
24-12-2013, 05:08 PM
There is a former labour MP called MacShane, who is a Blair side kick, who got 6 months for fiddling his MP's expense accounts (our money). He laughed at the judge when he was sentenced who reminded him of the great damage he is doing to public confidence in politicians and the political process. MacShane is a disgusting article, fanatically euro, a war-monger for Blair, a hater of the views of ordinary people. He epitomizes the rotteness of Biritish political life.
Guess what? He is absolutely adored in the vile British press, because his views reflect the views of the corrupt elite that runs this country.
One fears there will be sooner or later serious social disorder in this country unless there can be a peaceful reform of the political system.
The stables need to be cleaned out sooner rather than later.

rebbonk
24-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Margaret, my expression is that when God gives UK politics the enema treatment, Westminster is where he will insert the tube!

For MacShane to openly laugh and joke about it, it shows just how much he fears his punishment.