PDA

View Full Version : Nelson Mandela dies.

Margaret
05-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Neslon Mandela has died at the age of 95.

May he rest in peace.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/2013/12/nelson-mandela-dies-company-his-family-2013125213843960616.html

Gladys
05-12-2013, 11:22 PM
RIP- a great man. History will reveal so much more about him over time. He did what he did to achieve.The film released today about him at which the Duke of Cambridge and his wife; Kate attended. It was spookily ' timely'. My man has a theory (rightly or wrongly) that Mr Mandela died weeks if not months ago and his political machine kept the whole thing rolling for this event today as it is educational- a world classic. Who knows? I just think he was an amazing individual that the world has few of and now one less.

Margaret
10-12-2013, 03:02 PM
I did recently learn that during his legendary twenty-seven years in prison, Mandela communicated freely with his followers, and somehow managed to accumulate a considerable fortune. He was continually offered release by the white Apartheid government, but on one condition: that he renounce violence in pursuit of political reform. That is something he consistently refused to do."