PDA

View Full Version : Stratford MP to Repay Expenses

Lex
11-11-2013, 09:24 AM
I'm starting to go off Nadhim Zahawi. Not only did he 'make a mistake' in this expenses claim, he only seems to be interested in getting promoted into the government and doesn't seem to give two hoots about his constituents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24887143

rebbonk
11-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Make no mistake this is a very poor attempt at damage limitation. He got caught, if he hadn't... well you make up your own minds.

Either way, he isn't fit (IMO) to be an MP. If he's really that stupid that he didn't know, he's not fit; if he knew and deliberately did it, he's not fit.

I'd welcome seeing the smug git get a real prison sentence for this.

Lex
11-11-2013, 03:26 PM
Apparently, he's not overly popular with a lot of members of the local Conservative party, mostly because of the way he was crowbarred into the seat (partly due to John Maples deciding to step down at the last minute), and partly due to his personal ambition taking priority over his constituency & local party. Unfortunately, it's unlikely he'll be deselected - due to being Dave's mate, or voted out as you can put a blue rosette on a potato and it'll get elected as MP in Stratford.

rebbonk
11-11-2013, 04:55 PM
you can put a blue rosette on a potato and it'll get elected as MP in Stratford.

Sadly Lex, a red rosette on a spud would likely get elected in Coventry. I really do wish the voting population would be more selective as to who they vote for.

Lex
11-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Yes, all a lot of people I know whinge about their local MP, and just shrug their shoulders when I ask them why they don't vote. Saying that, quite a few people seem to be thinking about voting for UKIP at the next general election, who generally look to be a bunch of idiots spouting populist rubbish.

Margaret
19-11-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes, horses are more important than people.

Like Rebbonk says, if this miscreant hadn't been named and shamed we would be none the wiser. Still, he has now dashed any hopes about being re-elected.

Dun Scotus
19-11-2013, 08:01 AM
Yes, all a lot of people I know whinge about their local MP, and just shrug their shoulders when I ask them why they don't vote. Saying that, quite a few people seem to be thinking about voting for UKIP at the next general election, who generally look to be a bunch of idiots spouting populist rubbish.

As far as UKIP is concerned, I would accept that they have more than their fare share of eccentrics, and Farage is far from being my ideal leader. But on their single policy alone of withdrawal from the monstrous EU, they are worthy of support.
I cannot believe anyone would vote for any of the political class in this country ever again for the disgusting mess in which the country now is.

Lex
16-01-2014, 12:50 PM
This is why Mr Zahawi's been speaking up about rural development; someone's been planning to build houses in his back yard. Funny that.
http://www.stratford-herald.com/Local%20News/7602-housing-plan-in-mp-s-village-rejected.html

rebbonk
16-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Love the comments... "thief of Baghdad!"