PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Dismissal 6 figure Payout

Gladys
29-10-2013, 12:44 PM
What does a 6 figure payout on an Unfair Dismissal Case do to rectify the failings of what Haringay did in this sad case? To my mind it doesn't bring Baby P back and it doesn't restore faith. Mrs Shoesmith may have been Unfairly dismissed but she stood in charge of Social Services which had apparently made some 60 plus visits to the home. As the figure head of a service that is designed to safeguard she has to take the can.http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2478674/600k-pay-Sharon-Shoesmith-social-service-chief-failed-Baby-P.html

That money could do so much to better the lives of people in the Borough and elsewhere by providing more healthcare, more health visitors and better facilities like funded nurseries.

rebbonk
29-10-2013, 04:29 PM
This was down to that idiot Balls not following procedure (IIRC).

Sadly, it won't bring the child back, nor will it benefit the people of the borough.

Margaret
29-10-2013, 04:54 PM
I guess the payout is for loss of earnings and stress etc..

Gladys
30-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Yes but the amount is obscene if its true. If she has any notion of the impact on the Public Purse and she will of course be well aware of the budget cuts in social care, I would say a decent donation from it would be a wise move. What ever was the Judge thinking when he or she awarded this? Ed Balls did make a mess of getting rid of her but her department failed in its duty of care. What and where is the Justice in that?

Great Timing this week as Mrs Shoesmith is awarded her payout and today Baby P's Mother is released from prison and given anonymity with a new identity, a new life/fresh start.