PDA

View Full Version : Don Fleming ex-resident

Barbara1957
21-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I just wondered if anyone on here remembers Don Fleming who used to teach in Leamington, lived in various places, cricketer for Stoneleigh Cricket Club and I think Offchurch as well at one time. Also a very keen footballer. He left Leamington about 5 years ago to return to his native Northumberland. I visited Leamington and the surrounding area last year on holiday last year, staying in Offchurch. We had a fantastic week, he reminisced and told me all about his life there, we met up with a couple of his old friends. I was with Don when we were teenagers and we met up and were together again but I don't know much about his life there. Sadly he collapsed and died a couple of days after we returned from holiday in August last year. He was only 58 and I am devastated. A lovely man. He had a real love of Warwickshire and especially Leamington where he started teaching aged 22. He also worked with Japanese students and their teachers visiting the area. Would love to know if anyone remembers him. Thank you. Barbara Fleming.