PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday

Lex
27-05-2013, 07:34 AM
What are everyone's plans for today?

Gladys
27-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Planting a new especially fragrant honeysuckle.

Shizara
27-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Oooh.. Fragrant honeysuckle.. nice. That will likely be appreciated by the bees.

cathidaw
27-05-2013, 10:43 PM
My garden,garden and more gardening. Talking to my fish , how mad is that.What a lovely day.

Gladys
28-05-2013, 12:39 PM
The honeysuckle is in and Yes,I did think about the bees when I bought it. The perfume will enhance that from the two tubs of oriental lilies I have by the pond. Once again, I have a nest of bees in the wall by the kitchen; its their second year. I saw a furry hindenberg Queen fly into the hole the other day. I have no idea why they like it other than it must be warm and protected. I don't think they are masonry bees either.

Shizara
03-06-2013, 09:33 PM
The bees must like you Gladys. Food and warm, dry home to live in. There is nothing like friendly buzzing in the garden.

Gladys
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
Mmm... I like them too but they don't bide well with one of our dogs. She has an absolute obsession with things that buzz and fly and those that have striped jackets on in particular. She has not discerned the difference between wasps and bees and sadly swallowed one of these which stung her throat from the inside. Nightmare- blue light drive to a vet late one evening to administer emergency treatment as her throat swelled cutting off her airway and we were fast losing her. Summer is now a perpetual shouting game of ' No, leave it' down here.