PDA

View Full Version : Irritating Duncan Smith called to account

rebbonk
23-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Not my favourite MP by any means, but it is good to see this dreadful little squirt called to account

duncan-smith-faces-grilling-by-mps-over-misuse-statistics (http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2013/05/duncan-smith-face-grilling-mps-over-misuse-statistics)

cathidaw
23-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Most politicians believe we are all stupid and cannot see through their silly statements.IDS being one of the worst
Many people are on benefits because they need them, The others surely are not going to give up that easily having been clever
enough up to now to dupe the system.

Dun Scotus
25-05-2013, 06:50 AM
When the banking and economic happened in 2008, the people of Iceland had just about had enough.
There were utterly sick and tired of their corrupt politicians who were insisting that ordinary people pay the debts of the banks and bail out the governments friends who had lost money.
Guess what they did?
In a move that has scarcely been reported in our state run propaganda media, ordinary people went out on to the streets demanding the governments removal. Thousands of people staged what was called a kitchen revolution because the men and women started banging pots and pans together.
The government basically collapsed because they could not clear the streets of thousands of peaceful demonstrators who wanted them all out.
The new government that came in allowed the banks to collapse, refused to tax people to pay for them and Iceland now has one of the fastest growing economies in Europe.
People also expressed themselves in polls as highly satisfied with their new leaders.
Could somebody explain to me in words that I can understand why the people of this country have not done the same yet?
Since Blair, we have been run by evil men and the people of this country put up with it.
Why?

rebbonk
25-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Why? Apathy, that's why.

As long as the average Joe, has fags, beer, soaps, footie and ex-factor he doesn't actually give a stuff about anything else.

When our average Joe finally wakes up, it will be far too late, just as it was with CCTV cameras.