PDA

View Full Version : 99p Shop..

Shizara
22-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I called in at the 99p Shop this afternoon wandering around to get the things I needed. The prices might be low but there are no short cuts getting through the store. You walk in the front door and then have to walk the full length of the store. If you get to the munchy wall and remember something you should have got in the first long aisle well, tough, it's a long walk back. I took the long walk back, got the item I needed but, you cannot get to the checkout from there you have to double back on yourself, go round and round and finally arrive at the checkout except today, the checkout queue snaked along the front of the checkouts and down the far aisle. One checkout open and lots of patience required as the lassie was working as fast as she could. Two appeared to help packing goods into the flimsy bags. Then a chappy appears and tells those in the queue that the checkout at the back of the store was open. Interestingly, few moved, including myself. This was because you cannot see down there and you could be leaving one big queue to find yourself in another and no better off. There was a little bit of heckling from one or two in the queue but to be fair, by and large they were fairly tolerant.

cathidaw
23-05-2013, 11:51 PM
I love the 99p and pound shops.
You never know what you will come out with. not always what you went in for either.
Foster Grant sunglasses at £1 pound,,,,,wow,,, even without sun that's a bargain, garden gnomes, cant stand them but they are cheap, so,,,
Compare sizes though on some things in packets like chocs etc, sometimes they are smaller, but -on the whole they are good.