PDA

View Full Version : More Holes than Swiss Cheese!

Shizara
20-03-2013, 07:28 PM
It would seem that Coventry roads are developing more holes than Swiss cheese, however, there are suggestions that they might get around to filling the holes and some money is to allegedly be made available for repairs. I would have thought that some of the holes are beyond throwing in a bit of bitumen and packing it down. I would visualise water etc finding its way along the edges.

Ah, well, time will tell.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/2013/03/20/millions-to-be-spent-on-warwickshire-potholes-92746-33026377/

cathidaw
21-03-2013, 12:27 AM
In Parkfied Road, Keresley Village a very deep pothole was filled in last Wednesday morning.Today-Wednesday-as I went along again all the filling had gone.

rebbonk
21-03-2013, 09:01 AM
It's cheap and shoddy repairs that have largely led to this problem. Interestingly, it also correlates with the removal of the "Clerk of Works" positions within many Councils. If those that dug up the roads, or made repairs to them were forced to guarantee them (at their own expense) for 10 years, you can bet that we'd not have the issues that we have now.