PDA

View Full Version : Influx o wagon dwellers from romania and bulgaria.

cathidaw
12-02-2013, 12:24 AM
i NOTICE THAT THE ROMANIAN GOVERNMENT HAVE MADE A NEW LAW THAT BANNS HORSE AND WAGON DWELLERS OF WHICH THERE ARE MANY THOUSANDS, MAINLY with huge families.
They are considered the lowest of the low, completely lawless.thieves and vagabonds. and no homes are being provided for them as they are not wanted.
Guess where they are registering to go in their thousands next April.

rebbonk
12-02-2013, 08:33 AM
We are a very small country and are overcrowded as it is. Our basic infrastructure can't cope with what we have, it is madness to continue to let all and sundry in.

I also think it wrong that benefits are paid to any migrants before they have contributed to our system. - Our own kids don't get this do they?

Shizara
12-02-2013, 06:01 PM
I agree with the two of you and am astounded that we find ourselves in this situation, surely, there was forward thinking to the future with regard to how we might cope or is it the live for the moment and the perceived benefits to the country? I would hate to think how much is being funnelled to dependants overseas out of the big funding pot.

No wonder housing estates are popping up like mushrooms. Interestingly, when I was looking to move to Nuneaton I tried to buy a new home not far from where I live, in fact, because of where the homes were I suspect the land was being recycled so to speak. I was living in Scotland at the time, had a mortgage approved, a job transfer and ready to buy a home. Would they sell it to me? No chance. Why not? Because I wasn't a resident of Nuneaton.

As for benefits being paid to migrants before they have contributed to our system, isn't that why the come to these overcrowded islands? They are well looked after I suspect.

cathidaw
12-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I didn't think anyone could discriminate who buys a house anywhere if you can get a mortgage.
However another anomaly. My sister an ex nurse worked for Somerset county for some years as a warden in elderly person's complex Weston.super Mare. When she was made redundant as the house was being demolished she applied for a house or bungalow while she decided what to do. They said no you weren't born here.
She got another job in Exmouth-belonging to a private housing company in London. She retired and asked for a bungalow to rent. She was told-we only take Londoners.After a fight with them she was allocated one. When she asked after 3 years for a transfer to Weston as they had plenty of empty ones there --she had another fight. The little Hitler said you cant move any more-you'll do as we say--stay where you are.She battled again-said she'd take them to court about only taking Londoners etc. She moved, but her name is mud - When she moved in there were some problem, small-they said- things , like locks which dont lock, and a door that doesn't shut, they drag their heels.
Also they said theyhad the right do an inspection without notice every now and again
After threatening them with a solicitor, they agreed it wouldn't happen.
By the way the company is owned by Asians, and have no Asian tenants.