PDA

View Full Version : Where's good to go out in Leamington Spa?

Olive
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

I know this is a new site, so I'm not expecting an immediate responce. But I'm hopefully moving to Leamington soon, and I was wondering if anyone knew of some good bars and clubs? I've been to 'Sugar' and wasn't overly impressed, I'm hoping there are some better clubs around. ;)

Muppet
05-03-2006, 07:41 PM
I go out in Leamington from time to time, and to be honest most of the bars stay open late with the new licences, so I just go to all of those (I can recommend 'Moo Bar' BTW, it's very swanky but it has a nice crowd. Sugar is pretty lame, it seems really seedy and downtrodden to me. Hope that helps you get started, to be honest though it's best to just go round all the bars; there's plenty to choose from.

Billy
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
What's wrong with Sugar? I used to go there quite a lot; some nice young ladies go tehre too. :D

Olive
13-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you for the rplies guys, keep em coming!

I'm going to have a night out in Leamington soon to test the waters, so to speak. I'll be sure to try out your suggestions, any excuse to try out a load of different bars. ;)

Barrington1978
19-03-2006, 03:09 PM
The best bars in Leamington in my opinion are Voodoo, Willoughby and Benjamin Satchwells. Satchwells is best to start off the night as it is cheap and always busy. For a bit more of an upper class drink go over the road from Satchwells to the Bar and Grill which used to be The Regency Hotel.
The clubs in Leamingtom I'm afraid are not the best. Rio's is a real cheesy club on 2 floors with dance music upstairs and cheese downstairs. Evolve is more of a dancy vibe but you have to be about 20 years of age to fit in.
For a late drink without the banging music your best of going to Mumbai Blue. It is open till 2 am and has an older age group.

Hope this gives you an idea of where to go but hey this is only my opinion but i'm sure you'll have a good night.

Sandman
19-03-2006, 04:28 PM
They finally turned the Regency into something? That building was empty for years, glad to see it's finally being used for something. I'll have to check that out next time I'm in Leam.

paul2006
19-03-2006, 04:33 PM
Voodoo always lively! Follow the crowds, they seem to know!
can i come too!!?

Abbie
20-03-2006, 05:16 PM
Ooh and me! I like Voodoo bar, and Moo bar. :)

paul2006
20-03-2006, 06:20 PM
sorry but i've forgotten what iwas going to say.:D

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Satchwells - -no, no and er... no - too pikey for words!!!

Voodoo - okay......but terrible toilets
Moo - good
Willoughby - hadn't been for a while until Saturday but was quite impressed.
Cuba - good
Mackies - pretty good for a late drink and conversation
Mumbai Blue - pretty good.

Nightclubs - pretty iffy, Rio's if you're already pretty drunk - Evolve if you're too young to drunk - Sugar if you're too up yourself to be drunk, Any of the others you need to be sectioned and drunk!!!!;)

Sarah
28-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Evolve? That's a new one on me, it's not that one at the bottom of the Parade is it? I used to know that as another name, if that's the one. Leamington seems a pretty good place to go out these days.

Hello Crunchie BTW. :)

Will
28-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Good point Sarah, where are my manners?

Welcome Crunchie, good to have you with us. :D

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Ciao!!!!

Yes Evolve was Mirage which was Monroes which was Lesters!!!!

Dare I say it but some of the clubs in Coventry rate higher than Leamington from time to time......

They need something new though asap...

Will
28-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I went to Eclipse to see Altern8 as a younger chap, that was amazing and my only experience of Cov Club life to date. I imagine with all the redevelopment going on in Cov there's more then enough room for a new club. If only I had the business savvy to do it. :)

Crunchie
28-03-2006, 02:56 PM
No - I meant they need another one in Leamington....To be honest though clubs are being outshone by bars now which are opening later and later....

Sarah
28-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I think that's true everywhere these days, I've never been much of a club girl myself, Clubs have always seemed very unsociable to me. Mayeb I just went to the wrong ones. :)