PDA

View Full Version : Good & Bad Drinking Places in Stratford

Lex
31-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I've always been a big fan of The Windmill. They have some really good (real!) beers on, the food's decent value for money, and the service is good. Plus, you get a mix of locals and visitors to Stratford for a bit of people watching. :o

Lex
09-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Stratford Alehouse has taken over as a semi-regular watering hole for me; £3 for a pint of some really good local beers is a reason to visit for starters!

Margaret
22-10-2014, 04:33 AM
From the Stratford Herald.

We're hearing Maison nightclub has closed for good.

The building on the corner of Greenhill Street and Arden Street has had many identities, including the Froth & Elbow and the Green Dragon, and more recently Bar M and Bureau. And what about that pink paint job when it became Maison?!

With its future as a nightspot uncertain, we'd be interested in your thoughts and memories of the many pub/clubs that have been there over the years

Lex
22-10-2014, 08:25 PM
When I was a mere sapling, the Green Dragon had a bit of a dodgy reputation as somewhere drugs could be bought fairly easily; under its guises of Froth & Elbow, Bar M, Bureau and Maison, it has a slightly dodgy reputation for being able to pick a fight fairly easily. The place won't be missed!!

Lex
17-01-2015, 04:18 PM
The Keys & Kitchen in Ely Street opened a couple of months ago, and is a fantastic pub - decent beer, interesting decor and a REAL OPEN FIRE! I've eaten there a couple of times as well, and the food's really good.

Lex
11-03-2015, 08:34 AM
We're hearing Maison nightclub has closed for good.

It looks like this dive of a drinking hole days are finally numbered. Good riddance to the place!
http://www.stratford-herald.com/34015-maison-nightclub-to-become-new-town-houses.html