PDA

View Full Version : Help for heroes and other odd things

cathidaw
11-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Did anyone watch newsnight on Thursday?
It seems that most of the money collected for Help the Heroes goes on constructing buildings for rehabilitation of injured soldiers.OK I thought why not?. Then I heard that all of these placeS now belong to the MoD and a lot of the treatment is done on the NHS.
A spokesman-A -legless hero who has started a campaign to help many hundreds of people like himself who cannot get treatment now he is discharged from the army- some waiting over a year to get a prosthetic limb.was eloquently-- arrogantly I'd say- shouted down politely by the minister concerned with MOD- said it was not truel 'they get treatment for life he said.We look after you all' he said, ' I've been to these places and why shouldn't the NHS pay for the treatment and prosthetics etc.
legless chap never had a chance to speak. Typical goverment official- well up in not listening.
With this collected money , recently the MOD have leased a stately listed mansion fo £1.00 per year for many years and spent in excess of £500,000 restoring it to E,H, specifications.
I hope enough people saw this programme and will make them think again about putting hands in pockets without finding out where all the money goes.