PDA

View Full Version : Olympics--how dare they take the credit.

cathidaw
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM
How dare the government take the credit for our medals when they have cut down the grants for many of the clubs especially for the junior up and coming youngsters Some have so little money they are to close.
Their ideas for keeping youthful troublemakers off the streets since the riots a year ago just haven't happened --still deciding what to do ! !
These Olympics are encouraging so many youngsters to aim high and need the money to train but see whats happening. Funding is not there or is being reduced and with rents as they are cannot fundraise enough on their own.
Did you see Cameron,that little pudge,rubbing his chubby hands claiming credits .
I didn't need my finger down my throat, it would have been inoluntary

rebbonk
07-08-2012, 05:51 AM
To my mind, Camoron [sic] is an oxygen thief.

I'm also very rattled about talk of honours for Coe. Whilst people are (rightly) euphoric about our current performance, they seem to have forgotten the fiasco of the organisation.

Tendering for these olympics was just an ego trip for a very small group that I reckon will have cost the tax payer heavily. Like others, I'm waiting for the final figures to come in, but I'll take a punt that these games have cost the country heavily.

cathidaw
07-08-2012, 04:36 PM
AND cOE SAID 'WHY TALK ABOUT MONEY-ITS AN HONOUR TO HAVE THE OLYMPICS HERE WHATEVER THE COST

Lex
07-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Know what? I'm glad we've got the olympics. It's great that we've got something this wonderful for THE THIRD TIME, which is a first in itself. It makes a great change that we have a bit of excitement and joy for once, and not just a load of pessimism and negativity.

cathidaw
08-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I love the Olympics. It has given us all a boost whatever the economy. This s a great country and we've achieved so much in spite of our Government.