PDA

View Full Version : China / one child policy

cathidaw
29-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Whilst on my computer this last few minutes, I half listened to the announcement and the issue being made about the woman forced to have an abortion in China. Why is everyone so surprised?
wE ALL KNOW IT HAPPENS THERE AND EVEN WORSE . hORRORS WE CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE. And we can do nothing about it.
Many many years ago , in the cold war years with Russia my Dad who was a wize old devil predicted the troubles we would have in the Middle East which would be far greater than the Russian one.
Then he spoke about China. 'We must beware,' he said, 'They are such an unknown, and unpredictable quantity, with an evil constitution We should have no truck with them, They will ruin the Western trading world"
His predictions usually came true.
Yet we court them, kow-towing to their whims and grovelling.
Not just us but America and other countries too. I felt like sticking my fingers down my throat when Obama met them on a state visit.. (I almost went off him)
It makes me wild. , but can't 'they' see where it's going.We did without them once.
Everything we pick up is made in China. Souveniers from the Louvre, from Amsterdam, from London.wherever we go ---made in China. what chances for our own economy.
I may have it wrong . someone enlighten me.

Gladys
30-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Cathidaw, I don't think you're wrong. The evidence is here- all around us. They are slowly insidiously in many different ways taking over the world. It started with trade back in the 12th century or when ever - but back then and it has continued ever since. It won't stop now but some how we in the Western World have got to find a way of controlling it so we do not become part of The Republic of China.