PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars followers

Mari
10-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Does anyone follow Star Wars?
Not something I have ever got into, but the mention of Yoda made on the word association thread made me look it up, which led to me thinking that the mention of Grand Master and luminaries is very Masonic.

Yoda served as a member of the Jedi High Council in the last centuries of the Galactic Republic and reigned as Grand Master of the Jedi Order before, during and after the devastating Clone Wars. Following the Battle of Geonosis, Yoda held the title of Master of the Order in addition to that of Grand Master. In his centuries of service to the galaxy and the Force, Grand Master Yoda had a hand in the training of nearly all the Jedi in the Order, including such luminaries as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Oppo Rancisis; all of which would come to serve on the Jedi Council along with him.

Gladys
10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Mari,I always used to enjoy watching it but now you've taught me something. I am sure there is or was a University Student who got a 1st in something to do with Star Wars.

Mari
11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
I always thought star wars was a load of rubbish.
There are degrees in all kinds of bogus subjects here and America.

Gladys
12-02-2012, 10:05 AM
It isn't a film I will rush to the cinema to see.

Lex
25-08-2015, 07:52 PM
There's a new Star Wars film being released towards the end of the year. From the trainers I've seen, it looks a lot better than the 2nd trilogy, and could be on a par with the original 3 films. :D

rebbonk
25-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Not one for me these days. I used to like sci-fi, but as I've gotten older I seem to have gone off it.

Many years ago when the first Starwars film was shown on TV, right at the beginning of the film, my mate's TV developed a fault and the screen went green. It was about halfway through before he realised that something was wrong. Turned out a simple fix, it was the transistor controlling the green gun on the tube, but I teased him about it for years afterwards.