PDA

View Full Version : WEDDINGTON: Are you happy to see green belt land disappear into housing?

Shizara
18-08-2011, 08:11 PM
There are plans to build 326 houses on Weddington's green fields. The planning committee refused the application on Wednesday 17 August 2011, however, the report goes on to say it was a narrow victory and the developers will likely appeal.

http://saveweddington.org.uk/

Shizara
03-01-2013, 08:01 PM
.... and, they are back for another round - now there's a surprise ....

:rant:

Well, it seems that developers have been given the green light to build 326 homes next to the Parish Church in Weddington, but it doesn't end there as the developers are now considering applying to add a further 400 properties on this greenfield site. Information is being sought from the developers about this as it seems it is being done without consultation with local people - now there's another surprise. Residents strongly opposed the original plan and now it seems they are back on the merry-go-round.

The local people need to be consulted with properly otherwise large amounts of greenfield land will disappear into yet more housing without local people having a say.

cathidaw
04-01-2013, 12:19 AM
Nuneaton Borough are Masters of subterfuge. Either by leaving it too late for opposers.Once or twice,-no- more than that , they have advertised their proposals on the odd lamp post or two mainly outside the library or council house where no one unless they're passing sees and a mini ad in the almost obscure local paper.. On one complaint about this, my friend was told-We are trying to cut down a bit on our newspaper advertising'- the same week when a whole bunch of them were junketing abroad on a fact finding jolly. This complaint was to do with the De Mulder inquiry which went ahead -of course-- near the quarry not far from Hartshill Castle , destroying part of a major historical site extremely quickly a couple of years ago. It took a whole month of frantic work with many workers , bulldozers and masses of dust to aggravate the houses up to a mile away. t I drove by last month. Apart from the decimated land nothing else has been done and it is an overgrown eyesore.
They have no intention of consulting properly. Mostly it is cut and decided beforehand.
Obviously greenfield sites are more lucrative for the council rather than allowing rehashing of the brownfield areas.
My son is an archaeologist/consultant--elsewhere now-- and the tales of corruption he can tell are almost unbelievable-but we all know--dont we.?.!!
They even have jurisdiction over some listed sites and buildings.
Notice I did not say Nuneaton and Bedworth borough council?. We have no say -we are invisible.