PDA

View Full Version : Ceremony all pomped out?

Shizara
13-05-2010, 01:26 AM
Is anyone else sitting back and watching this Dave and Nick Variety Show unfolding in the land of pomp and ceremony? The last week began with a hung parliament and media frenzied predictions, then a bit of a pantomime as the Lib Dems chatted to both parties for the best possible deal and now we have an Ant and Dec style leadership. I don't think any of us really expected this end result. I am amused by it but it seems ever so surreal.

Gladys
13-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Yes, what I am struck by is Cameron- ' bowing/courtsying ' to Clegg. Always seeing to check his approval but at the same time both wanting to seem as though they are working together. The BBC1 reporter (didn't catch his name) reflected back to them as though they were a married couple but one who had never really known the other- I'd say that was actually quite acurate but am up for being corrected. Watch and see....

Shizara
14-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Watch and see....

Whoever inherited our economy has inherited a lot of hard work reducing the debt and it won't come without pain. No one likes pain, however, the No pain, no gain mantra that has been adopted in a wide range of sporting activities is probably equally applicable here.

When we voted we were sending out a clear message that we were not happy with how the economy was being run, we were going from bad to worse, promises of referendums on things that mattered were swept away and there was, amongst many, the "Hang on a minute, this isn't how it is meant to be...... " feeling. We voted, we spoke and the results are clear for all to see and being hung did indeed come into the equation.

We have 2 young personalities with forward thinking minds joining forces, they have agreed where they have common grounds and other policies have had to be compromised - on both sides - to form a relationship together. We only see what we are allowed to see. Let's then see, if in the early stages of the coalition they are visibly able to set the foundation stones to give a firm footing and go on rebuild our economy as well as society and put United back into Kingdom.

Gladys
14-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes to all of that but in addition to ' put United back into Kingdom.' I'd like to see the 'Great' put back into Britain.