PDA

View Full Version : Warwick needs a bigger public basketball court

Andy1008
10-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I've been playing basketball for the past few years down at St nicks and it never used to be much of an issue but in the past few years especially in the summer, the half court basketball court they have at St nicks gets way too crowded. Infact the court itself is barely a half court and can fit a 3 vs 3 match at a push! I've seen that in most other towns and even in some villages, they have full courts and I have been wanting to suggest this to the council but I'm not sure if its a project they would be willing to take on. Also I'm guessing i will need some feedback from others in the community and probably a petition of some kind? Any ideas?

Andy1008
11-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I'm talking about free to use public basketball facilities, not ones you have to pay for because i already have to do that every week just to play for my local team. Club/Team wise i'm in two, but its not for the teams purpose, i'm just talking about improving the current facilities available to the public because at the moment they are pretty average, as well as the fact a lot of kids are taught basketball at school and told to practise but outside of school enless you go to a team (which is usually only one practise a week anyway) then the courts available arn't exactly brilliant. Support wise, i've got at least 2 teams behind me and maybe school support as well?

Andy1008
15-05-2010, 04:20 PM
:confused: i was only stating the situation because i hadn't fully explained what was going on in the first message