PDA

View Full Version : New opportunity for accountancy graduates, make sure your CV stands out from the crow

Mellijelli
06-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi all

I read about this just today and i think its great, our kids need something like this.

This year Big Four firm KPMG plans to create more jobs for graduates, and whats more they are opening up more positions for school leavers and interns in the UK, because of this recruitment drive its expected that the firm’s intake will be over 1,000 during September 2010 and is largely due to a growing demand for accountancy, tax and advisory services in the UK marketplace, they say that the economy is slowly beginning to pull out of the recession (lets hope thats true).

The say that there is a perception in the market place that there is no jobs available for students right now and that many students have given up looking for jobs which is quite sad really is'nt it?

I think this is perfect opportunity for anyone in this position and why not get going on your CV (http://www.cvwritingcentre.co.uk/)?? there are some useful career tips, interview tips and cv writing advice that can be found on this site, please do have a look it can only benefit you.

Jobs on offer will be in the areas of the professional services firm’s Tax and Audit divisions.

If anyone needs some advice on how to do a grad or school leaver cv feel free to ask, i will offer up any help you need.

Article can be read here:

City AM (http://www.cityam.com/news-and-analysis/kpmg-graduate-intake-accountant-sees-market-demand)

Mellijelli
10-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Such a shame when that happens, but it does more often than not, they say they are called the "lost generation". I think its really disheartening to someone who has studied so hard just to find that there are no available posts for them to fill afterward, its hard enough finding a regular job these days, dont ask me what the younger generation are going to do...

Mellijelli
14-05-2010, 06:24 AM
Troubled times....iv recently lost my job too, ill be finishing up end of this month and i was actually thinking of opening a veggie / catering shop with hand made stuff like marzipan flowers and animals and all sorts and maybe some hand made chocolate stuff like truffles in nice boxes and so on, think id love that as im very crafty in that area, would it work though? The veg side would for sure the craft side would just be an extra feature to the shop, im thinking of doing hand painted canvases and all such things would be nice if i could get it started i think.