PDA

View Full Version : New to Rugby, Fancy a beer?

PeteW
19-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Alright I'll bite. There's been a few threads on here with people new to Rugby, or just bored of the same old same old.

I propose that such people should leave some info about themselves on here, so that others can contact them, or all of us and arrange some time out - even if its just for a beer one night in a week. It'll be awkward, but so what - it's nice to have options eh ;)

I can't promise to check in here all the time, or to reply to the thread every time it's needed. What I can say is that I will check in here when I can, and anyone who posts here, or private messages me (click on my name whilst viewing this post, and select private message) I will return the favour and contact back. It might lead to nothing, it might lead to a few new mates.

A little about me, I'm a currently single mid thirties professional male with a love of dance, indie and various other more random styles of music. I'm a big footy fan, a decent cyclist, a lover of good wine, I act and look younger than I am, and to be frank, all my mates live elsewhere so it would be nice to meet a few local to me!

Anyway, if you're shy, drop me a PM - if you're not, post here and we'll see what we can do. And it's not all about me, if someone else posts here who you like the sound of then send them a message - post in this thread and you're fair game - you have been warned! ;)

This is an ongoing thing by the way, so if you're viewing this a while after it's written - do it anyway, there's nowt to lose :D

Will
20-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey Pete,

Good idea man. If I'm ever in Rugby, I'll get a few beers in.

Gladys
21-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi Pete- Good luck. I hope people take up the offer of a pint and a get together. It isn't practical for us as we're in Hampshire - long story. Anyway, welcome.

gfunkera
22-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Hey Pete - Would be up for a beer with ya buddy, I moved to Rugby 6 months ago due to work and tend to go back down south at weekends due to not knowing anyone in Rugby. I am Single, early 30's, like martial arts, gym, follow Liverpool.. Love all kinds of music except the extreme rock/techno stuff.

be good to meet someone in Rugby outside of work!

PeteW
24-02-2010, 09:11 PM
G funk era, funked out with a gangsta twist ;)

Just sent ya a pm...