PDA

View Full Version : Accident 31/01/10

Simesy
07-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Last Sunday, my brother and I were in Rugby on our way to the cinema. We were going north on the Dunchurch Road and just where the slope bottoms out (and then inclines towards the speed camera) we witnessed a chocloate labrador run out from the right hand-side and be hit by a car.

We reported the driver of the non-stopping car to the police.

My only hope is that the poor animal is OK. Not being a Rugby resident, we have no access to any of the local papers. If anyone knows of any news regarding this, we'd be interested to hear.

On another note, I find it amazing that a driver would not

a) realise that a dog had been hit; and
b) would not stop after colliding with something quite big, if only to see what damage had occurred to the car.

:confused:

Shizara
07-02-2010, 08:52 PM
My first thought would be the welfare of the dog. The second one would be that it wasn't in the control of its owner and the third thought would be to wonder at the attitude of the driver of the car that collided with the dog.

Hopefully, the police have caught up with the driver, but more than anything it would be indeed nice to know that the dog is alright.

Josie
10-03-2010, 05:22 PM
:( Aaaaaw the poor thing! Lets hope the dog is ok!

I agree with you Shizara! Both the driver and owner should be spoken to here! Its a double fault really and the poor animal got it as a result!

:(

tattooed_ferret
17-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Not seen anything in papers.

Poor dog.
IMO, i'd have to blame the owner and give the driver the benefit of the doubt....For all we know he could have been on the way to an emergency or hospital or something similar, etc, but what kinda owner doesnt have contorl over their dog enough to get it run over?!

There some crazy mental idiot that I used to see walking his beautiful husky all the time, and he'd just let it run into the road...on one of them retractable leads, so it was on a lead at the time!! I was on hillmorton road going towards town and right by that last speed camera I had to quickly swerve past his dog right in the MIDDLE of my lane!! just sniffing about! I didnt wanna beep my horn cause it's deafen the dog & it might have bolted and got smooshed. If it wasnt an old man i'd have knocked his teeth out!!
And because I had to sharply swere at the last second, I nearly ended up crashing into the speed camera (bearing in mind im going slow as im going thorugh speed camera!! and the car behind me does the exact same thing and we both nearly crash.

Makes me so angry there are ididots like that out there X:|