PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Galactic?

Josie
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I was amazed to see Virgin have unveiled a rocket plane they will use to take people into space!!!!!!! I saw it on the BBC this morning whilst I was getting ready for work and was shocked to say the least!

Imagine being one of the first few people that get an opportunity to do this? Mind you at over £100,000 a go I think its a bit out of my price range! So never mind being one of the first few, I don't think it is something that the average person will ever do, in my life time anyway! Apparently the first 300 passengers have already signed up for the flight! Madness!!!!

Before they can take off into space though, the space ship or rocket or whatever you want to call it has to undergo tests for at least 18 months! Richard Branson has done a great job here - He deserves a pat on the back! Wow! I would love to work for him - in this venture anyway hehe!

Will
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
If I had the money I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat. Who knows, this is going to be a competative market, and they're constantly developing stronger and lighter materials, which will make all this cheaper. The amount of seats may get a lot larger.

Because of the frictionless travel, it will be possible to fly from the UK to Oz in about an hour. The amount of fuel spent may not actually be that different to conventional flights one day. If that ever happens then it may become the norm, how amazing would that be?

Josie
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
It would be totally cool! I would love it! Imagine being able to go anywhere that quickly? No more flight cramps etc??? It would be awsome!

I think it would all get cheaper as well - it would have no other way to go! I would love to do something like that! Just shame about the lack of funds hehe!

I wonder how long it will be before this kind of thing is available to the average joe like me? Hehe!

Bron
16-12-2009, 11:33 AM
I wouldn't mind the shorter flights, but think it might be quite some time before the average person will be able to afford those kinds of flights or that the prices will be coming down.

Sounds a bit daunting though, to be flying into space, not sure that I would be one of the first to sign up even if I could. Would want to see at least a few successful flights before I try it.

Josie
17-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Hehe Bron the whole point is to be one of the first that gets up there and see the earth from above type of thing you know? :wow:

I don't think many people will have the opportunity so the few that do will feel great about it dont you think so?

But yes, your point is also a good one, I mean you really dont want to be up there until your sure everything works do you? Hehe!

Bron
18-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm probably not much of an adventuring type. Would prefer not to be one of the first, especially if I'm one of the first casualties as well.

Would feel much safer knowing that someone else has been there and done that before I give it a whirl. I'm boring that way. :o

Josie
18-12-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm probably not much of an adventuring type. Would prefer not to be one of the first, especially if I'm one of the first casualties as well.

Would feel much safer knowing that someone else has been there and done that before I give it a whirl. I'm boring that way. :o

Not boring but perhaps safe would be a better word? Or cautious?

I would love to do it and yes would prob be crapping my pants but think it would be awesome no matter how afraid I was you know?

Bron
23-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I can see that it would be exciting and the fascination it would hold for people. Must admit that I do think it would be quite exciting to be one of the first to make the trip, but the more logical/sensible, or if you prefer boring, part of my personality just won't let me do it.

Oh well, at least I didn't even have the money to buy the ticket. So I would never have had to make the decision about whether or nto to do it. Would probably have left it to long anyway. :p

Josie
23-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Well lets see id and when this avctually happens then I guess? Watch and wonder? :D I can do that pretty easily lol!