PDA

View Full Version : Animal testing, where do you lie?

Sandman
14-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Personally I sit on the fence on this one at the moment. As a pet owner I don't like the idea of animals suffering, but at the same these tests can save lives. Anti-testing people will tell you that many, if not all of these tests can be done in other ways which won't harm animals. I don't know if this is true or not, and that is why I'm a fence sitter.

Thing is I'm willing to bet there are a lot of protestors out there who will quite happily eat meat and wear leather clothes. Which is hypocritical of course, and what is worse there are one's which make death threats, steal people's dead relations, and commit terrible crimes in the name of life! Those kind of people are plain idiots.

Like every debate that stirs massive attention, the facts are extremely blurred. What are other people's feelings on this?

Geoff
15-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I can say I'm catagorically opposed to it; basically pro-testers are saying, "Animals are inferior to us, therefore it's OK to toture them". I do eat meat, but I wouldn't call that the same as torturing animals (I'm also against battery farming before anyone says anything).

Having said all that, I would't turn my nose up at a cure for terminal illness that a realtionship or even myself had, just because it was created as a result of animal testing.

Sandman
16-03-2006, 08:53 PM
That suggests to me then Geoff then you are for it; I know it's a bit unfair of me to jump on you like that when you're being honest, but that's the way I see it.

Heather
01-05-2007, 12:05 AM
I am definitely against most animal testing, especially for cosmetics. Is there anybody who works to help promote cruelty-free products that would be willing to answer a few interview questions online for my zoology class report? That would be amazing! Thanks!

~Heather~