PDA

View Full Version : McQuacker's

Shizara
01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I called in at one of the Birmingham McQuacker's the other day and purchased meals for 2 people. No sauce dispensers in this restaurant so asked for some tomato sauce. I was begrudgingly given one, so, pointed out that I had 2 meals and 1 was not really enough for 2 meals. Even more begrudgingly was given another with the mumbled explanation that "We don't put them on display..." er.. I don't have a problem with that, I don't even mind asking for it, but surely a single serving isn't meant to be enough for 2 meals. Economy measures you think?

Josie
07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
I called in at one of the Birmingham McQuacker's the other day and purchased meals for 2 people. No sauce dispensers in this restaurant so asked for some tomato sauce. I was begrudgingly given one, so, pointed out that I had 2 meals and 1 was not really enough for 2 meals. Even more begrudgingly was given another with the mumbled explanation that "We don't put them on display..." er.. I don't have a problem with that, I don't even mind asking for it, but surely a single serving isn't meant to be enough for 2 meals. Economy measures you think?

I swear they have changed the rules recently and become a bit stingy with these things don't you think?

The other day I went to eat in burger king and we had to ask for tissue! We were given exactly 2 as there were two of us! Its like they are cutting costs where they can these days! Even little things like this seem to be making a difference!

Madness!

Margaret
19-03-2014, 05:26 AM
The problem is that huge companies like McQuackers and Tesco ect.. operate on economies of scale, which means that the have a huge and distorting power in the market to get what they want from producers on favourable terms that is not available to smaller shops.

rebbonk
19-03-2014, 10:13 AM
What's also true is that because of the amount of throughput, a fraction of a penny saving adds up very quickly.