PDA

View Full Version : Facebook have done a right job!

Josie
11-08-2009, 04:01 PM
I read an interesting article today saying that Facebook have bought a content sharing service called Friend Feed - FriendFeed (http://friendfeed.com/)

Apparently this acquisition will now put them into competition with Google and Twitter as it operates a ‘real time’ search engine!

The great news with this is that there will be no jobs (http://www.careers-jobs.eu/) lost as all employees and the companies’ four founders will join Facebook!

All I can say is why can’t all acquisitions be like this? GO ON FACEBOOK!

P.S. Have any of you heard of friend feed? I am going to check it out now hehe

Emily-O
13-08-2009, 09:44 AM
It will be interesting to hear if Friend feed does well or not. With the name 'facebook' attached to it I am sure a few people will have a look! Though saying it will compete with Google seems a tad ambitious if you ask me haha. I never though Twitter would ever really hit it off. I thought that application was a bit pointless but I was proved wrong.

I have never heard of it though. Do you know if it is in its early stages of developments? Or has it been around for ages?

I am wondering what the social networking world has in store for us now? I am not sure what more they can really offer to us. Myspace seems to slowly be weaning. Do you reckon something will come along and take over facebook in a few years?

Josie
14-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Haha Emily how about we go and take over Facebook in a few years and rake it in instead? :D Grand idea don't you think?

Here's one for you - Do you prefer talking to people on forums or facebook? Hehe! I kill my days with a bit of both and like them both for different reasons so just wondered what your thoughts were on this?

As for Myspace - Its like the stoneage of networking sites don't you think???

Emily-O
28-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Haha it would be great to take over and create the next best networking site. Though I reckon we would have to come up with something original. I had a look on Wikipedia and there are loads of networking sites! Everything from book lovers to Polish only!

List of social networking websites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites)

There must be a niche out there somewhere though, though it is still Friday morning and I have just got into work. I am not the most creative at this point :sleeping:.

Forums vs Facebook.. I choose forums! I find it easier to have a good old debate on what is going on in a Forum whereas Facebook seems to be about personal news. Saying that there are many groups on facebook you can join and chat about. What about you??

Josie
07-09-2009, 09:05 AM
Haha it would be great to take over and create the next best networking site. Though I reckon we would have to come up with something original. I had a look on Wikipedia and there are loads of networking sites! Everything from book lovers to Polish only!

List of social networking websites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_social_networking_websites)

There must be a niche out there somewhere though, though it is still Friday morning and I have just got into work. I am not the most creative at this point :sleeping:.

Forums vs Facebook.. I choose forums! I find it easier to have a good old debate on what is going on in a Forum whereas Facebook seems to be about personal news. Saying that there are many groups on facebook you can join and chat about. What about you??

I agree with you Emily-O you can definately have a good old debate on a forum compared to anywhere else!

Facebook for me is just to keep in topuch with friends and family I cannot see regularly.

Its 10am and I have been at work for 1.5 hours this am but am still shattered today :rolleyes: two weeks off does this to you - your body is never prepared to come back to work hehe!

Marcey
12-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I have never heard of friend feed? Not to sure what that does either...

I saw on the telegraph today that a woman in America is being taken to court for "poking" a fellow face book user. This is because she was already under a restraint order from the person.

She could potentially face a year in prison. I suppose this is fair enough. If you’re told to leave someone alone maybe you should do it...especially when the courts are involved.

:nono: