PDA

View Full Version : The recovery of UK jobs to take 5years?

Josie
29-07-2009, 10:34 AM
It seems like there is more doom and gloom on the horizon from what I have read today!

Apparently the latest predictions say it will take the UK 5 years to return to the level it was at before the recession hit! They are saying the UK GDP will fall 4.3% in 2009. The average income per head will not return to normal until 2014! That’s a lot isn't it? Way further away than even I thought!

There was also some data released last week that says the government debt is now at £799billion! This is at its highest since records began in the 70's!!!! - Did Labour drive this country into the ground?

Oh and they have also predicted that unemployment figures will continue to rise until 2011!!!!!!!!! How bad is that? How many UK Jobs do you think will be lost?

Let’s hope this is all untrue and things are better than predicted!

Emily-O
07-08-2009, 10:59 AM
This is shocking!! In ways I am not suprised that it will take 5 years - the government seem to be spending money like anybody's business! They throw tens of thousands around like it were a £5 note!
I think labour has ruined the UK in some ways. We were never a nanny culture before. But do you have faith that any other political parties could save us???

I wonder how they are going to make us pay for this? They surely can't tax anything else? Next it weI hate the fact that there is inheritence tax - it is as if they haven't taken enough of your money throughout your life. Does anyone else here have a gripe about inheritence tax?

Josie
11-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Haha I am not too sure of any of the parties out there right now to be honest! Esp after this whole expenses scandal! I mean they were all in it weren't they?

As for how they are going to pay it back - I have heard rumours of VAT potentially being raised to 20%! Can you imagine the impact that will have on us? Probably another tax raise on our income as well or something! Oh and lets not forget the dreaded council tax raises!!!!!

Im not sure about inheritance tax but I do find the whole thing to be really unfair! Why should you have to pay tax on what is left to you by someone else?

Emily-O
13-08-2009, 09:36 AM
A lot of MP's were exposed, but they seemed to be from every angle. It seemed like in June, whatever party you voted for had greedy offenders. Didn't really give us much confidence - no wonder lots of people don't vote haha! The choices aren't amazing haha!

Ah what? 20%? What a way to encourage people to go out and spend spend spend - support your commuity and our economy. Surely an increase to 20% will damage consumer spending even more?
I read a really interesting report once from the time when M Thatcher was in charge. Apparently lower taxes were the way towards prosperity. Higher taxes mean more money to the accountants who collect it all and not necessarily more money into our treasury. Interesting thoughts..

No wonder so many companies want to offshore... we are an expensive place to settle in!!!!!

Josie
14-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Maybe someone should take note of that theory and bring it on??? Our country is just going further and further downhill! To me it is becoming more and more undesirable to live here! If I had the choice...... You never do know?!

Lets hope something drastic changes somewhere - although to be honest I wouldn't hold your breath hehe!

Emily-O
14-08-2009, 09:40 AM
It just feels like they are making us poorer and poorer :crying: and there is nothing we can do to stop it. It seems like we have no influence on any decisions made.
*sigh*

Josie
14-08-2009, 02:09 PM
It just feels like they are making us poorer and poorer :crying: and there is nothing we can do to stop it. It seems like we have no influence on any decisions made.
*sigh*

I agree as I am certainly getting poorer and poorer its weird! I hate it! Where is it all going? Is there a whole in my wallet? LOL!

Marcey
12-10-2009, 01:15 PM
I read some great news today.

For the first time since 2008 there have been more people coming off unemployment benefits than applying for them.

Therefore I can only guess that jobs must be once again on the slight increase which is always good news.

Let’s hope the unemployed decreases further for 2010

Josie
15-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I love your positive attitude MArcy and really hope this is true!

However I remembver reading that unemplyment rates are at thier highest in a decade and that unemplyment is still set to rise further in the next year or so!

Its horrible to think there won't be as many jobs (http://www.careers-jobs.eu/) available to people don't you think so? Lets hope you are right instead and that the market is picking up a bit hey?

Marcey
20-10-2009, 03:02 PM
There's so many figures around you can never be sure of what you read can you !

Jobs are on the rise then there declining :confused:

Oh well fingers crossed they will be improving??!

Josie
21-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I think unemployment isn't getting any better if I am honest with you! Have you seen any fihures saying they are lower? This is something that will take a few years yet I reckon!

Whether or not we are out of the actual recession I think unemployment will be affected for some time don't you?

jobs (http://www.careers-jobs.eu/) are so few and far between and employers realising this are becoming so fussy with who they will take for the jobs these days! Its terrible if you ask me!

Josie
27-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I agree Lex but it seems a lot of people do not wish to go back down the ladder so to speak and are being too fussy right now!

With some even to go into the same job as before - a lower salary is on offer because companies know they can get away with it! What stops most people getting these jobs is that they are being too fussy! But what would you rather do take a pay cut and work while you look for the right job or just sit at home and apply for jobs on job seekers?

It is definately easier to get a job if your already working, I have no idea why but it definately works in yoyur favour I think - the longer you are out of work the worse it gets me thinks?