PDA

View Full Version : Young professional in Warwick or Leamington

dannyboy
09-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Hiya, nice little forum read a few threads and seen some good info!

To cut a long, boring story short, I'm currently in sunny Coventry as I work here (and have lived in the city for a few years now) but looking to move out as I can't see the city being a nice place to live in the next few years especially if JLR move out!

I'm in my 20's so I'd like somewhere that is fairly lively on weekends but a nice, pleasant place the rest of the time. I imagine somewhere like Leamington or Warwick to be ideal, and within 20 mins of work. Would be nice to hear the opinion of you guys who live there.

Also, what exactly is the difference between Leamington and Warwick? Two fairly sizeable towns which join, how come one name never became dominant for the whole area out of interest?

Thanks for reading

Will
10-04-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi Danny, I'd suggest maybe moving to Warwick. It's quite a nice chilled out town. Then if you feel like partying you've got Leamington down the road, which in my opinion has a great night-life.

I couldn't tell you why they remain seperate since they're both so close together. I'm guessing it's because they both have such unique historical places of interest. Leamington with the spa, and Warwick with its castle. That's a guess though. :)